The new website of the Innovationlab Hybrid Services in Logistics is to become a top address for...Read More
08. November 2016 – Das Schlüsselthema Industrie 4.0 und seine Auswirkungen werden ab sofort im neuen Innovationslabor „Hybride Dienstleistungen in der Logistik” in Dortmund untersucht: „Mit Industrie 4.0 geht eine...Read More
By Michael ten Hompel | Fraunhofer IML – Whenever people have been speaking about the factory of the future in recent years, one picture ruled the discussion: the »factory empty of people«. The Social Networked Industry presents an alternative plan. »Read More
By Sascha Feldhorst | Fraunhofer IML – Within the context of the MotionMiners start-up initiative at Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics IML, research demonstrates how machines can support people meaningfully. Automated activity recognition will improve both processes and ergonomics in intralogistics – a benefit for companies and employees alike. »Read More
By Peter Ittermann and Johannes Dregger | TU Dortmund University– A significant condition for the implementation of the Industry 4.0 project in terms of comprehensive system design is a socio-technical system approach. The design-oriented approach assumes that the implementation of new technologies induces organisational and personnel changes and generally requires that the entire system of performance in production and service is considered. »Read More
- Digital technologies can open up considerable potential for optimising urban logistics. Current research for the Innovation Laboratory’s Transport use case ...
- The Innovation Laboratory’s talent workshop gives students the opportunity to implement some very diverse projects. The result of the first …
- There is a lot of buzz about disruptive aspects of advanced automation and robotics in labour, especially industrial work. However, …
- »Data exchange and interoperability are a central requirement for Industry 4.0. At the same time, the question of data control …
In the research centre at the Innovationlab, new methods and technologies are tested in experiments e. g. in the field of localisation and wireless communication.
List of infrastructure and demonstrators »
In the application centre new methods and technologies can be demonstrated realistically in a model environment.
List of demonstrators »